Sunday, November 9, 2008

Starbucks...bad coffee....

Didn't have to send the kids the school so had a bit more time today. At the hospital carpark, some Starbucks promotional activity was handing out free coffee and a cupcake.

I don't normally like Starbucks coffee....but since it was free, and I am such a kiam kana (salted olives; stingy), I thought I would give them another chance.

It was such bad coffee. I just simply cannot understand why people accept such bad coffee, and are prepared to pay the premium for bad brew.

Give me a 80 cts teh tarik anytime. Actually the best coffee is found in our local kopitiams...you know the thick black ones with a layer of condensed milk at the bottom. Mmmmmm....heavenly.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your site is now very accessible, and complements yr good writing and thoughtful ruminations.
Thanks to more spacing between rows, larger font size. Wonderful! Actually, all the super coffee chains like Starbucks, Coffee T leaf etc serve quite yucky coffee masked by loads of milk. Take away the milk and you get pretty bad coffee at very steep prices. Give me a Vietnamese drip coffee any day.. or even a 3-in-1 Viet coffee..

gigamole said...

Don't remember much of Vietnamese coffee, but the Cambodian coffees are also pretty good. Just a thick black poisonous brew with the condensed milk (probably melamine rich.

But truth be told I am more of a 'teh see siew dai' person.