Friday, November 14, 2008

Morning call....

Peeped out of my window in response to those familiar piercing chirps. Oliver, was there almost on cue hopping blithely from bloom to bloom, totally oblivious to the fact that I was watching. My garden is in a mess, but I think he likes it that way. He completed his exploration of the overgrown shui mei, then moved on to the straggly heliconias (h.rostrata).

Oliver is an Olive Backed Sunbird. Very shy. But he visits regularly, often when the early rays of the sun hit the plants in the front garden. Sometimes he is there with a couple female sunbirds, but they are not as attractive as he is.


We have a one-way relationship. I love him, but he doesn't know I exist.

I think I need a life.


(Image borrowed from Peng Eik's beautiful photos)

No comments: