Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Human organ trade - a necessary evil? The real deal.


What do I really feel?

I think there should never be a situation when a person, no matter how rich and powerful can induce a fellow human being to take risks and sell him an organ.

I imagine if I were ever in a crisis situation, a massive flood perhaps, or Titanic moment, I would never, could never expect someone else to risk his/her life to save me. If he/she did so, it would have been a wonderful act of grace, for which I would then owe an eternal debt of gratitude. But I could never expect that act of selflessness, nor even pay to induce such a wonderful act of self sacrifice.

Therefore I feel that no decent human being, should expect a fellow traveller through this life to part with a vital bodily part to save him/her. While I can understand the desperation to cling on to life, I cannot see that anybody's life is so vital that another's is deemed sacrificeable.


If you have to die, please die with grace, honour and peace.

No comments: